Last Modified: September 30, 2019
PART I: COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information of Other Individuals
To establish an account with us and use our EventFlex Marketplace, we may collect the following personal information:
- Full name;
- Identity document, to confirm your identity;
- Business registration documents
- Business name(s);
- Event venue address;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Comments, feedback, reviews and other information you upload or provide to us;
- IP address and location data associated with your IP address;
- Website statistics and analytics data regarding your use of the Website and EventFlex Marketplace;
- Social media account information, where you elect to link your social media account(s);
- Other types of raw data relating to how you interact with our website and EventFlex Marketplace, for example, your browser information and session duration;
- Profile photos (where you elect to upload them); and
- All other information you provide to us whether on our website, the EventFlex Marketplace or otherwise.
Social Media Account Login Providers
Where you elect to create an account using a social media account login provider, for example, Facebook, Google or Twitter, you agree and acknowledge that they may provide us with certain profile and account information to establish your account.
Although we may display their forms on our Website, when you provide your payment details on the Website, you are providing them to the applicable payment processor. You acknowledge that our third-party payment processors may have their own agreements which apply to you. While we will not have access to your entire credit card number, we will be able to bill your credit card and may have access to certain card and payment details such as the name on your card, billing address and card expiration date. If you have questions regarding our payment processor, please contact us.
PART II: THE USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell personal information to third-parties. However, we may use personal information to:
- Facilitate the operation of our website and the EventFlex Marketplace, including sharing or providing access to personal information to Third-Party Providers, see below for details;
- Bill and collect money owed to us;
- Verify your contact information;
- Provide user support or to support and improve our website and the EventFlex Marketplace;
- Communicate with you about your account or services we offer;
- Send or display informational and promotional materials, including advertisements, from us, our partners, advertisers or third parties to you. You may unsubscribe from such communications at any time;
- Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- To meet legal requirements or seek legal advice from a lawyer in connection with your use of our website or the EventFlex Marketplace; and
- To enforce compliance with our Terms and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
PART III: THE DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sharing Personal Information and Content if Required by Law
We may share personal information and any content collected, uploaded or provided to us if required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process in any jurisdiction. If we are required by law to make any disclosure of your personal information or content, we may, but are not obligated to, provide you with written notice of such disclosure, if permitted by law.
Sharing Personal Information to Cooperate with Investigations and Law Enforcement
Absent a court order, subpoena or other legal requirement to disclose personal information or content in our possession or control, you agree that we may also share personal information and content you upload or which is associated with your account to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of any criminal matter if we reasonably believe doing so is necessary or beneficial in protecting your safety, or the safety of any third-party.
Sharing Personal Information with Third-Party Providers
Our suppliers, partners, independent contractors (collectively “ Third-Party Providers”) and/or employees, may have access to, or be shared personal information to use in connection with one or more of the purposes for which the information was collected.
Our Third-Party Providers may have access to personal information in providing services to us, or providing you with access to our website or the EventFlex Marketplace. We may use a variety of Third-Party Providers in order to host our website and the EventFlex Marketplace and facilitate their ordinary use, including for example, hosting servers which store personal information.
Host our website, the EventFlex Marketplace and all user and account data associated therewith;
Host our company email, which we may send or receive emails contain your personal information (such as your contact information, email address);
Manage our email marketing campaigns, which you may unsubscribe from at any time.
We also use the following Third-Party Providers for data analytics in connection with your use of our Website and EventFlex Marketplace, including:
Google LLC together with their affiliated entities worldwide, in order to use Google Analytics. For details, visit https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/;
Facebook Pixel, offered by Facebook, Inc. and their affiliated and related entities, which provides us with analytics and insights into your use of our website. If you are a Facebook user, Facebook Pixel helps us target advertising to you via Facebook, Inc.’s platforms (Facebook and Instagram) based on the various pages you visit on our website. For more information about Facebook Pixel, see https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/facebook-ads-pixel; and
Third-Party Providers may have their own agreements and privacy policies on the collection and use of personal information which either we or you provide them.
Your Personal Information May Not Be Stored in Canada
As we may have servers, Third-Party Providers, employees and other parties we share your personal information within locations both inside and outside of Canada, your personal information may become subject to foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
European General Data Protection Regulation
Our technical measures to protect personal information take into account current technology available and the costs of implementing that technology in addition to the nature, scope, context and purposes of the personal information collected and processed. However, our collection processes and data practices, which include the involvement of Third-Party Providers outside the European Union, were not designed to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. As such, you may only provide us with personal information if you are not a European person. To the extent you provide us with the personal information of any third parties, you agree to only provide us with their information if they are not European person. As we are a company registered and operating in Canada, you agree and acknowledge that your personal information will be accessed by us in Canada, although it may be stored with Third-Party Providers in locations both in and outside of Canada.
Sharing Personal Information if Our Business, Website or EventFlex Marketplace is Acquired
We may share personal information with our successors (if our business, our Website or the EventFlex Marketplace is acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets relating to the website or the EventFlex Marketplace. Disclosure in such circumstances is governed by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c 5 in Canada.
Disclaimer and Warning About Sharing Personal Information Online
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WHEN SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLINE, THERE IS ALWAYS A RISK OF DATA BREACHES, INCLUDING DATA BREACHES IN WHICH THIRD PARTIES UNLAWFULLY ACCESS OUR SYSTEMS, OR THE SYSTEMS OF OUR THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS, WHICH STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING BY WAY OF NEGLIGENCE, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT DIRECTLY AND GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected. Please contact us if you would like to delete any personal information we hold about you following the termination of your account.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to and automatically downloaded by your web browser (assuming you have cookies enabled) when you visit our Website. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows our Website and Third-Party Providers we use to recognize you, track your activity across our and other websites and is usually used in conjunction with logging your internet protocol (“IP”) address.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer (in your browser files) or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Can you delete Cookies once downloaded?
Most web browsers also permit you to delete cookies. This is typically done via your web browser’s settings, which vary depending on which web browser you use. For details on managing cookies settings using:
- Chrome - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050;
- Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored;
- Safari - https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac; and
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.
For example, cookies are used in connection with our use of Google LLC’s Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics and how cookies are used by Google Analytics, see Google LLC’s information page at
- Remember choices you have made on the Website, such as your language of preference or region;
- Remembering your username; or
- Target advertising or to customize advertising across various websites (not just our own) and make such advertisements more relevant to you.